By Christy, the Orange Blossom Design Specialist
Back in April, we had the privilege of using the Carondelet House in Los Angeles for our Orange Blossom Special Events team photo shoot. This gorgeous venue, originally built as an Italian Villa in 1928, features two outdoor courtyards and 7,600 square feet of unique indoor space. As you enter through the double doors, the first thing that catches your eye is the remarkable hand painted, high vaulted ceilings. The main room features exposed red brick walls, hardwood floors and three absolutely stunning chandeliers hanging from tall wood-beamed ceilings. Their beautiful French country tables, included with the rental, are made of reclaimed wood and set with a mix of distressed oak European café chairs and vintage French round side chairs. Nearby, Chesterfield tufted leather couches surround a fireplace creating a cozy area for your guests to lounge. In my opinion, the combination of textures and architectural detail gives this place tons of character and makes it the perfect space for weddings – whether your style is urban sophistication or vintage glam, the design possibilities are truly endless.
The chic desserts featured in our shoot were made by the talented team over at Cupcakes Couture of Manhattan Beach — and can I just say, they were absolutely delicious! It was definitely a struggle to get through the shoot without sneaking a bite of one of these little treats!
Cupcake Couture combines their love of fashion and sweets to bring you handmade, upscale desserts that are custom-tailored to suite your unique tastes. From wedding cakes to cupcake towers and specialty desserts, they can make anything your heart desires and only use premium, natural ingredients to do so!
Here are some quick tips from Stephanie Franz, the Executive Pastry Chef at Cupcakes Couture:
- We customize to all dietary needs (including gluten free and low calorie), no matter what!
- We personalize all desserts to stay true to the couple. We believe dessert makes the last impression of the night, so we encourage our bride and groom to pick their favorites!
- Each couple will receive a taste consultation of five cake flavors and five frosting favors, with complimentary champagne. (Couples can call ahead to tell us their taste preferences!)
- In addition to a taste consultation, each couple receives a design consultation. Here we’ll discuss all of the elements of the wedding—the theme, the colors, the flowers, and any creative details—to incorporate these elements into the dessert. For instance, if there is a jewel theme, we’ll create sugar jewels; or if the bride has a unique ruffle in her dress, we can replicate it on the cake. The possibilities for inspiration are endless.
- We will deliver the cakes and dessert and set them up beautifully on the day of your wedding.
- Most important, we get to know you as a client. We work hard to ensure each element of your dessert styling, from consultation to creation, is executed with precision. We’ll do whatever it takes to ensure your wedding is just as you dreamed!